Your answers will assist in this research and, if you chose to, you may be selected to participate in a unique online focus group to further explore your attitudes and views.
If you have friends who you think might like to participate, please click here to generate an email with a link to www.ozelections.com which is a site where you can always access our latest questionnaire.
P.S. Some of our regulars query why we ask some of the same questions each time. Our FAQ has the answers.
PLEASE NOTE: This questionnaire is no longer active. Do not fill it out; it cannot be submitted.
1. Thinking about Western Australia in general, do you agree that we are heading in the right direction?
2. Thinking about your answer to the previous question, in one sentence could you tell us why you hold that view?
3. Thinking about voting in general, how would you normally vote?
4. Thinking about this state election, if an election were held tomorrow what party would receive your first preference vote in the Legislative Assembly?
5. Thinking again about your first preference vote in the Legislative Assembly, how likely is it that you might change your intention before the election and vote for another party?
6. In Western Australian Elections it is compulsory to cast a preference vote. Which of the two parties listed below would receive your higher preference in the Legislative Assembly: that is you would prefer them to be the government?
7. How would you rate the performance of Geoff Gallop?
8. How would you rate the performance of Colin Barnett?
9. Thinking about this Western Australian Election, what is the issue that is most likely to influence your vote?
10. Irrespective of how you intend to vote, if you were thinking of voting for Geoff Gallop, what would make you hesitate the most before casting that vote for him?
11. Irrespective of how you intend to vote, if you were thinking of voting for Colin Barnett, what would make you hesitate the most before casting that vote for him?
To ensure that this poll is as accurate as possible we need to ask you a few demographic questions. The answer to these questions will be completely confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than this research project.
15. Residential Postcode:
16. E-mail address:
(Only required to confirm that details are correct and are yours).
17. Are you prepared to be involved in follow-up research?
(If you answer "Yes" to this question we may send you further occasional questionnaires).